Saturday, January 19, 2008

Morning in the Snow

I was able to get up to Cajon Pass on the morning of January 7, 2008. It had snowed in the area the night before, so it was a great chance to get some snow images because my work schedule had changed, allowing me some time to get some railfanning in before class. My first image of the morning was UP 7701 heading down BNSF main 2 (I'm using the old track numbers until the addition of the new main is complete.).





After UP 7701 had cleared my area, I went up by BNSF main 1 and captured some images of the Mormon Rocks area. There was a BNSF train sitting under the Hwy 138 overpass (BNSF 4383).











I went back down to main 2 since BNSF 4383 had main 1 tied up. After a while, UP 3816 passed under I-15.














UP 3816 continued down the track and approached the grade crossing for old Hwy 138.















BNSF 4383 began to move, so I made my way toward the summit overlook off of Hwy 138 to wait for it. It took a while, but it rounded the curve.













Here is a wide shot as the train continues to make its way up around the curve.














Finally, the end of the train comes around the curve.















The last train I caught was a baretabel led by BNSF 4095. I had to get to work, so my time was up. However, it was a great way to start the day.

No comments: