Saturday, May 30, 2009

Going through my Archives

It's been a long while since I've posted anything, so I thought I'd share a few images that I dug up from my archives.

First up is an image I took just after I had purchased my first "L" series lenses. This was taken south of the old Colton yard in March of 2006. UP 2774 is tied down for the day.















October 2006 is the month for the next three images:

The moon rose over the old cabooses that were parked on the siding track at Fullerton. I captured this image with my 70mm to 200mm f/4L lens on October 6, 2006.



















On October 29, 2006, several of us took a day trip out along the BNSF Needles Subdivision. We were fortunate enough to catch the Arizona and California Railroad working the interchange at Cadiz. After hooking up to the string of loads that BNSF had sent out from Barstow, ARZC 3894 is set to head back to Parker, AZ.






This last image is of the BNSF power that delivered the set of load to the Arizona and California. The powere set is getting moving down the tracks to allow the ARZC power to come out on to the interchange track and shove back to the cars in the distance. BNSF 8600 would then shove up the ARZC tracks to hook up to the set of cars that the Arizona and California brought to interchange. It was a great day and moment to witness the two railroads at work.

No comments: